Thinking about a Church wedding? Congratulations!
This section will hopefully answer some questions you might have as you plan your special day, but do contact our Vicar, Cathy who will be happy to meet you in person to discuss your plans even at an early stage.
Can I get married at St Nicholas’?
If any of the following are true then yes you can get married at St Nicholas’.
That one of you:
* has at any time lived in this parish for a period of at least 6 months or
* was baptised in this parish or
* was prepared for confirmation in this parish or
* has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in this parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
* has lived in this parish for a period of at least 6 months or
* has regularly gone to normal church services in this parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents or grandparents:
* was married in this parish
And did you know that if you move house into this parish, you’re immediately connected to the church here? That means you can marry at St Nicholas’. In all cases involving church services - i.e. going to normal church services, baptism, confirmation or marriage - this applies only to Church of England services.
Even if you cannot demonstrate any of the above connections, we want to help you explore whether it may still be possible for you to marry at St Nicholas’. Talk to the Vicar well in advance to discuss the options open to you.
One of us has been married before. Is that a problem?
Not necessarily. In principle, we are prepared to marry people in church who have been married before. However, before we can do this we need to go through the Church of England's procedures for such cases. Please contact the Vicar who will be happy to discuss your situation.
How much will it cost?
The cost of a wedding at St Nicholas’ consists of a basic fee, plus various additions depending on what you would like in your service.
Wedding fees 2016
The following website may be helpful: http://www.yourchurchwedding.org/